Jim is one of CEED's Partner Investigators, based at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center at the US Geologica Survey (USGS).
Jim has been actively involved in CEED since its inception, conducting workshops and tours of the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center for international CEED researchers.
His current research projects include:
- Adaptive management and assessment of habitat changes on migratory birds
- Development of models of mallard population dynamics for adaptive harvest management
- Development of methods to estimate parameters associated with animal population dynamics
- Statistical methods for species richness estimation
- Technical Assistance -Tiger Monitoring and Population Research
- Development of methods for estimating patch occupancy and patch-dynamic parameters from detection-nondetection survey data
- Development of methods to estimate species richness and community-dynamic parameters from species list data